“We’ve only just begun” – The Carpenters, 1970.
Welcome to Kreke-Leaks.
I hope you enjoy this blog and follow it when a topic interests you, and maybe even pass it along to others who might find it beneficial. The main purpose of this blog is to inform and educate you on a variety of financial issues. There is a lot of inaccurate information floating around the web, and we all need to be careful about what to believe.
Financial education is sorely lacking for anyone not in the “industry.” I am referring to the average person with average, even above-average, intelligence.
Most of what we learn about money (having it or not having it) comes from our friends and families—the weird uncle who declared bankruptcy, or the frugal aunt (with cats) who saved a fortune.
No one is saying you have to be an expert, but unfortunately, you cannot ignore finances. At the very least, it is important to be mindful of your financial picture. You may not want to become an investing genius but you should want to know if you are on track to experience financial independence at some point in your life.
Three things you need to be an informed financial planner and investor:
- Knowledge – Easily attained if you take the time to study.
- Time – Not so easy to attain if you have other responsibilities, as in, A JOB!
- Desire – You have to want to do the other two.
Otherwise, you should hire me.
Several things to know about this blog:
- My broker dealer governs the use of these pages and therefore you will not see a “Reader Comments” section. You can send questions or observations through the contact page if you so desire. Be gentle! I am sensitive.
- I hope to add a little humor and color to what is essentially a dry subject so laugh when you can. The compliance department must approve everything before posting, so if it is not funny, blame them!
- I am sure I will stray from the strictly financial occasionally, but then money is often at the root of everything we do, so it will all make sense at some point. Or not.
That is all for now. I hope you will follow me and enjoy my posts. Who knows? We may both learn something.